Structure And Electrical Properties Of Ge/Au Ohmic Contacts To N-Type Gaas Formed By Rapid Thermal Annealing
||The electrical and structural properties of a practical Ge/Au ohmic contact to n-type, ion implanted GaAs, has been studied. By the use of rapid thermal annealing (RTA) contact resistances as low as 0.18 Ω-mm have been obtained. The minimum in the contact resistance coincides with the formation of a ternary alloy phase at the interface and the maximum in the texture of the deposited metal film. Secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS) indicates the loss of both Ga and As from the substrate after all heat treatment (and in the case of As for as-deposited) and this is associated with the ultimate degradation of contact performance. Using classical diffusion analysis, SIMS profiles yield values for diffusion coefficient and activation energy of D0 = 2 × 10−8 cm2 s−1, ΔE = 0.5 eV for Ge indiffusion into the substrate and D0 = 2.8 × 10−9, ΔE = 0.5 eV for Ga outdiffusion through the metallisation. The mechanism for diffusion is discussed.
||Volume 33, Issue 11, November 1990, Pages 1437-144
-  Lim J.-W.; Mun J.-K.; Lee J.-J. Investigation Of The Properties Of Pd/Ge/Au/Pd/Au Ohmic Contacts To N-Gaas Formed With Different Ambients
-  Prasad, K. Faraone, L. Nassibian, A.G. Thermal Stability Of Pd-In Ohmic Contacts To N-Gaas Formed By Scanned Electron Beam And Rapid Thermal Annealing
-  Gay-Lussac And Magendie Rapid Thermal Annealing Effects On Electrical And Structural Properties Of Pd/Au Schottky Contacts To N-Type Inp(111)
-  Bhaskar Reddy, M.1; Janardhanam, V.1; Ashok Kumar, A.1; Rajagopal Reddy, V.2; Na The Influence Of Rapid Thermal Annealing On Electrical And Structural Properties Of Pt/Au Schottky Contacts To N-Type Inp
-  Lai, Jiun‐ Tsuen Lee, Joseph Ya‐ Min Pd/Ge Ohmic Contacts To N‐Type Gaas Formed By Rapid Thermal Annealing
-  Shen, T.C. Reed, J. Fan, Z.F. Gao, G.B. Morkoc, H. Aube Ohmic Contacts To P-Ingaalas Formed By Rapid Thermal Annealing
-  Wang, Y. G. Wang, D. Ivey, D. G. Thermal Stability Of Pd/Ge-Based Ohmic Contacts To N-Type Gaas
-  Kazior, T. E.; Hieslmair, H.; Brooks, R. C. Mrs Proceedingsmrs Proceedings Pd-Ge-Au Ohmic Contacts To Gaas: Reliability And Failure Analysis.
-  Kazior, T. E.; Hieslmair, H.; Brooks, R. C. Mrs Proceedingsmrs Proceedings Pd-Ge-Au Ohmic Contacts To Gaas: Reliability And Failure Analysis
-  S. A. Ding;C. C. Hsu A New Structure Of In-Based Ohmic Contacts To N-Type Gaas